The Forbidden City is listed as the number one must-sees in the city of Beijing, which served as the residence of Chinese Ming and Qing emperors for almost 500 years. Go beyond the typical attractions within the City on this comprehensive 6-hour guided tour, which includes access to the Clock Room,Treasure House, living and working places of emperors. Lunch will served in the former Icehouse inside Forbidden City.
A snuff bottle with your name painted inside
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Lunch with soft drinks/beer
Transport in a comfort vehicle
What's Not Included
ADULT: Age: 0 - 99
Face masks provided for travellers
Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
This tour involves quite some walking, please wear comfortable shoes
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
Wheelchair and porter service is available to purchase at the entrance
All areas and surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Guides required to regularly wash hands
In order to get your Skip The Line Forbidden City entrance ticket, please provide each traveler’s name and passport number upon booking
Suitable for all physical fitness levels
Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
What To Expect
Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
Meet your guide at 8:30 a.m. and start the tour from the East Gate of the Forbidden City. You will first walk along the beautiful moat, and then get inside the Forbidden City through the South Gate.
Main attractions as below:
• City Wall and East Gate: Walk on the newly opened city wall to overlook the amazing Forbidden City; access to the East Gate to see the exhibition of the building materials of the Forbidden City.
• Wenhua Hall and Wenyuan Pavilion: Former residence of the crown prince and now the porcelain exhibition room; one of the two buildings in the Forbidden City with black roof, dedicated to storing imperial books.
• Three main halls in the outer court: Used by the emperor to work or celebrate important occasions, to treat high ranking officials, or to meet close officials before going to work.
• Ningshou Palace Complex: First built as the living quarter for the abdicated Emperor Qianlong and later taken by Empress Dowager Cixi as a private residence. It is the largest palace complex inside the Forbidden City with a beautiful Nine Dragon Screen, a small but exquisite garden, the largest theatre, as well as some other buildings which are used for exhibiting treasures now.
• Three main halls in the inner palace: They were the living quarters of the Emperor and Empress, as well as for the emperor to handle daily state affairs.
• Cining Palace Complex: It's the residential area of the Empress Dowager and imperial concubines with a beautiful garden. You will access some newly opened houses to see the living and sitting rooms which are opened to tourists for the first time.
During this tour, you will have a very unique lunch experience at one of the Ice Houses of the Emperor. It used to be the Ice storage warehouse of the royal family.
Admission Ticket Included
Super Informative with Excellent Guide!
We took the above tour with Angie today. As soon as we booked, communication was thorough, clear and easy to understand. Angie was prompt, and gave us a few tips before we left the Hotel, including to make sure we had appropriate clothing and our passports. Angie took us on the scenic route from our Hotel, to make sure we had seen a few of the city’s most important areas. Angie’s knowledge is extremely comprehensive and is not limited to the subject of the tour itself. Lunch on the tour was a little underwhelming for our Australian tastes, but it was nice to sit down and have a refresher all the same. Afterward, Angie went above and beyond, helping us arrange additional transport for our transfer to the Airport and has even offered to help us “Like an old friend” if we need her help in the future. We would definitely recommend her as a guide!! Thank you Angie!!
Exclenet tour & dinner
Fernando G, 30-09-2019
I was impressed with the follow up and punctuality of our guide Angie. She contacted us the day before to make sure we were on time and ready for our tour. We visited the Forbidden City and had dinner in a local restaurant. Angie did a very good job explaining us all the details about the Forbidden City. Instead of having dinner at the Icehouse, we went to a local restaurant, It was grate to have Angie there to helped us with the order, excellent dinner, very nice local restaurant and very good conversation. Al lot of food and very good variety of local dishes.
Forbidden City plus Lunch at Royal Ice House
We booked this private tour as we have an elderly lady who need more attention touring this Forbidden city.
We are extremely glad to have Lily as our guide as she was very accommodating and patiently pacing us thru out the entire tour.
Lily took extra care of the elderly in our group and at the same time explaining in details of the history of this large palace.
Lunch at the Royal Ice House was a disappointment. food was not unique and service not up to mark.
Overall a great experience.
Forbidden City Private Tour with Angie
Angie picked us up at the hotel on time. When we arrived at Forbidden City we left our things in the car, and she was really helpful to take it back to our hotel. I was very impressed with her knowledge about the history and she make it interactive with asking some questions. Since the Thien An Men was closed that day, she gladly take us to the shopping mall where we want to go. Maybe on the tour description should be clearer and exact, like inclusive of mineral water and snuff bottle. Overall it’s a great experience to have her to guide us.
the forbidden city is amazing and I learnt so much with Shanshan. She was an amazing guide! Plenty of time to see everything. Lovely tour. I highly recommend it!!
Our Travel guide can help you plan your holiday to China by offering you detailed information on hotels, activities, golf courses and car rentals in China. We offer a comparison of nearly all hotels, car rentals and activities that are available in China and surrounding area with an option to make a real time secure booking. By booking in advance you are certain to have everything prepared for your trip to China.